Hi lovelies! Happy Thursday! Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am. 🙂
Here is a Great Gatsby inspired DIY nail design for you to try. My cousin channeled her inner Daisy Buchanan when coming up with this nail art idea and drew inspiration from the black and gold color styling of that era. The Art Deco feel is achieved by using geometric lines in the design. This nail art is very simple and low-maintenance but achieves a sophisticated look. My cousin loves this style because since the polish doesn’t extend all the way to the tips, the manicure never chips!
It’s the perfect look for a glamorous night out and would pair well with that little black dress.
DIY | Art Deco Nail Design
What you’ll need
- Gold Nail Polish
- Black Nail Polish
- Nail Striper or Thin Brush
- Nail polish remover
- Form a triangle on your nail with two pieces of tape.
- Apply two thin coats of gold polish inside the space between the tape.
- Immediately remove the tape after the second coat and allow the polish to completely dry before moving on to the next step.
- Using the thin brush, outline the triangle with black polish.
- Draw a line from the bottom right corner of the triangle to 3/4 of the top.
- Use a q-tip soaked in nail polish remover to remove excess polish.
- Seal the design with a clear top coat.
- Repeat on the rest of your nails.
- Start with clean nails.
- Do one hand at a time.
- Remove the tape before the polish is completely dry.
- For Step 4, lay the thin brush lengthwise along the triangle and pull your finger away swiftly for an effortless line.
- For thin lines, use light pressure.
Hope this DIY inspires you for your glam night out.
Follow me on Instagram!